Malta (the Republic of Malta) - an island country (city-state) located in Southern Europe, in the Mediterranean Sea, about 80 km south of Italy. It encompasses the archipelago of the Maltese Islands, however most of its population lives on the main island in the metropolitan area of Valletta - the capital of Malta. Contemporary Malta is a developed country with a very high Human Development Index, good quality of life (in the ranking it is between Germany, Slovenia, and Great Britain) and a high Satisfaction with Life Index (14th place in the world). It is a member of the European Union and a dozen of international organizations, including UN, NATO, OSCE, and The Commonwealth of Nations. The official currency is Euro. Official languages are Maltese and English.
Why is it worth establishing a company in Malta?
- The effective corporate income tax rate is 5%
- Tax optimization of remuneration of directors.
- No regulations concerning transfer prices and thin capitalization
- No taxation of dividends
- No capital gains tax
- Possibility of complete anonymity of the owners
- Company registered in the European Union
- Wide range of treaties about avoiding double taxation
- One of the best jurisdictions for holding companies
Thompson&Stein law firm as part of its services ensures:
- Comprehensive service of the company registration process
- Accounting service
- Company seat (address)
- Correspondence service
- Nominee Director and Nominee Shareholders for a Company
- Help with opening a bank account
- Help with acquiring a license (if it is required for this kind of activity)
- English-language support at every stage
International tax planning is a service which must be suited to the Client’s needs. We invite you to contact our law firm.